Initial client email
I will create a new website for you on the Squarespace platform, which comes with a range of highly customisable templates and is easy for you to update your own content once the website is live. All Squarespace websites are automatically mobile friendly.
I would charge [insert amount] to create the website for you. I usually charge 50% at the start of the project and 50% when the website is live, at which point I transfer ownership of the site to you.
You can also pay by credit or debit card if that would be helpful.
This cost includes:
- Choosing the right Squarespace template for your needs
- Putting together an initial design and structure as a starting point
- Help sourcing images (if required)
- Providing you with a view-only link to be able to look through the draft website on your computer and mobile devices
- Unlimited revisions so we get to a website you're delighted with before we launch
- Regular updates so you can see the progress of the website development
- Linking your website domain and checking your current hosting setup so you're not paying for more than you need
- Setting up an email address (if required)
- Linking your Mailchimp mailing list
- Providing training so that you can update the website yourselves going forward
- A friendly and jargon-free approach :-)
In addition to my costs, there is a fee payable directly to Squarespace. You can find out more here: https://www.squarespace.com/pricing
These prices are subject to VAT but I can get you a 20% discount on annual payments for the first year, or 10% off monthly payments for the first year.
A few of my recent sites just to give you an idea of the variety you can get with a Squarespace website:
[I then add examples most relevant from my portfolio]
Squarespace is a great all-rounder, but it's also a template-based platform, so there may need to be compromises in terms of some of the design and layout options. Having said that, a large part of my work is choosing a template so that you don't feel that you have to compromise :-)
Here's an outline of the process for creating the website:
- I send the initial deposit invoice and you pay it
- I send the contract and you sign it
- I send you the Website Brief document to complete
- You share any relevant content with me such as logos, graphics, photos - if you use Dropbox then the best way to do this is to share a folder with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You put together an overview of the website content and structure - it doesn't have to be totally perfect at this stage and I can add placeholder content where necessary (a Word document is fine for this)
- We set a date for a catch up and we'll spend about 30 minutes going through the brief to make sure everyone is on the same page
- I will then start work on the website and send you a link to view the first draft of the website (approx 2 weeks)
- Once you've had a chance to review the draft, we'll have another catch up to go through your feedback and I'll make any changes that we've discussed (approx 1-2 weeks)
- I'll need some details from you to link various accounts, for connecting your social media, your domain settings, and for taking payments - but I will send you more details for this once we get started
- After this point, it's mainly a case you going through the website to check you're happy with it and then me tweaking the design and content based on feedback (approx 1-2 weeks)
- When I've made all the requested changes, I'll do a final audit of the site to make sure all of the relevant settings are correct
- I'll then give you admin access and you'll add your card details to sign up for a Squarespace plan
- Once you've done this, I'll point the domain(s) to the new website and you will be live!
- Then we'll schedule a date for me to deliver training so you know how to update the website yourself going forward
Let me know if you have any more questions!