It's lovely to have you on board 👋🏻
Here's an overview of the programme schedule. It may change depending on your specific needs, but this will give you an idea of what to expect.
I'll schedule an introductory call or video chat with you, which is a chance for us to have a more personable introduction than all this automated malarkey. It will last about 20 minutes and will cover:
- A bit about me and my background
- What you're doing at the moment and the type of clients you work with
- What has inspired you to learn about making Squarespace websites for others
- What you want to get from this programme
- Scheduling the three half-day training sessions
- Scheduling the weekly check in calls
You'll also get a copy of the email that I send at the start of each project.
We'll have our first half-day training session which will cover:
- An introduction to Squarespace
- Understanding templates, their "families" and my favourites
- Adding and editing content on different page types
- Linking a MailChimp mailing list
- Styling your template and making design decisions
- Becoming a Squarespace Circle member
- Squarespace Answers forum
- Useful Facebook groups to join
- Tips for finding images and icons
- Looking at some example website briefs
This week, I'll be setting you a Squarespace project that you'll work on during the programme 💻
We'll have our weekly check in call and you'll also get a copy of the website brief document that I send to clients.
On our second half-day training session is going to look more at client management. We'll review your project progress and also cover:
- Managing client expectations and helping them to understand the benefits and limitations of Squarespace
- Timescales for development (and how I structure my time)
- Dealing with difficulties and establishing great working relationships
- Handing over the website to clients
- Providing training vs offering a retainer service
- Working out pricing and options for invoicing schedules
- Getting client testimonials
We'll have our weekly check in call and you'll also get a copy of the the email that I send at the end of each project.
We'll have our weekly check in call to see how your project is progressing, and you'll also get access to the Trello board that I use for managing projects.
This week's half-day training is going to focus on the more technical aspects of setting up a client website, and we'll cover:
- Looking at the Settings section of Squarespace in more detail
- Adding Google Analytics
- Regulations around cookies notifications
- Setting up Stripe and e-commerce settings
- Linking website domains (and the easiest providers to use)
- Adding URL mappings to prevent broken links
- Setting up Google Search Console
- Transferring ownership of the website
- Setting up email for your clients using G Suite
- Using discount codes
- A very quick introduction to using CSS
- Protecting content using passwords or Memberspace
We'll have our weekly check in call and you'll also get access to the most common CSS snippets that I use on different templates to go beyond the Style Editor options.
We'll have our final weekly check in call, and you'll also get a reference PDF document which reviews all the steps that we've covered in this programme.